Research for Scholars
Photographer: Towfiek Toefy
How to apply
Research is at the heart of the Museum and occurs in different forms and settings. It is present through a memory methodology that uses mapping, oral history, and action research approaches to facilitate reunions, exhibition, education and intergenerational programmes with District Sixers, Capetonians, and young people. It is not only a means to deepen knowledge about District Six, but is important in generating action and building sustainable public participation and engagement with the legacy of District Six.
Research Affiliation for Scholars
Applications for long term research affiliation will be considered by the Museum’s Curatorial and Research Committee which meets on a quarterly basis.
You can post your application to the address below, or use the online application form on the right.
District Six Museum
PO Box 10178
What should I include in my application
Your application should include the following information:
- Your personal details and contact information
- Letter of reference/research statement from the institution where you are registered
- Details of your course and level of study
- A brief abstract or project description
- Estimated duration of the project and proposed starting date
On receipt of your written application, you will be sent:
- An official application form and conditions of access
- The Museum’s research ethics statement